In addition to the wealth of resources from the national Early College High School Initiative, the CUNY Early College Initiative is beginning to collect and share resources that CUNY ECI and CUNY early college schools have created. These resources help to explain the development of our various early college school models.
- College Success Program Curriculum & Resource Guide
The College Success Program and Resource Guide provides a series of lesson plans that address some of the key areas in which many students struggle to achieve college readiness and success. The College Success Program is designed with stand-alone units that can be brought to the classroom in a variety of configurations. Topics include self-knowledge, academic and career planning, study skills, success minded attitudes, and goal-oriented motivation. The curriculum is designed with engaging student activities, readings, videos and prompts for writing and discussion.
- The Liaison Handbook and Resource Compendium A reference guide to support the work of new and veteran liaisons. The handbook covers many dimensions of the liaison’s role, including communication, hiring, student supports, transition, campus resources, and more. The Liaison Handbook’s resource section includes a collection of tools and documents used by liaisons across the ECI network that can be adapted to meet your needs. The Resource Compendium includes samples of Student Contracts, College Course-taking Policies, Budget Tracking Spreadsheets, and much more.
- Special Education Resources for High School Staff Includes self-advocacy, scaffolding academic skills for college success, and early college courses for students with IEPs. View the PDF
- Special Education Resources for the ECI College Liaison Includes preparing for college courses, working with the CUNY Campus Office of Disability Services, working with college instructors. View the PDF
- Special Education Resources for for Students and Their Families Includes: how does understanding your learning style benefit you, taking part in IEP meetings and transition planning, and what are the differences between high school and college? View the PDF
- Internships for 9-14 Schools: Planning Timeline and Guiding QuestionsView the PDF
- Internships for 9-14 Schools: Program Monitoring QuestionnairesView the PDF
- Internships for 9-14 Schools: Mentor Role Description and Program GoalsView the PDF
- Internships for 9-14 Schools: Career Mentor TrainingView the PDF
- Internships for 9-14 Schools: Partner Expectations and StaffingView the PDF
- Internships for 9-14 Schools: Host’s Step by Step GuideView the PDF